Doug J. Segerman is a Shareholder with LUPER NEIDENTHAL & LOGAN and has been a trial lawyer in Columbus since 1996. Doug focuses his practice on business and construction litigation, non-compete agreements and creditor’s rights. Doug’s litigation practice includes a heavy focus on civil trial work, complex litigation and appellate work with emphasis on non-competition agreements, bankruptcy and general business and construction disputes related to residential condominiums and single family homes. Doug’s practice also includes insurance defense, personal injury, wrongful death and providing advice to clients on general business practices and disputes.
Doug received his undergraduate degree from the University of Cincinnati in Accounting, Cum Laude, and received his Juris Doctorate from University of Cincinnati College of Law. Doug also passed the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Exam and continues to be an Associate Member of the Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants. By coupling his accounting background with his 23 years of experience in law, Doug is able to provide his business clients with a deeper understanding of their goals and objectives.
Outside of work, Doug enjoys playing golf with his children and friends, playing poker, watching sporting events, and spending time with his family. He has also served on the Board of Tifereth Israel Synagogue for 14 years and is currently the Vice Chair of the Bexley Education Foundation.
- June 9, 2011: Obtained a decision establishing Ohio law that condominium unit owners may join as a class to sue a developer of the condominium project for a violation of the Ohio Condominium Act’s disclosure statement. New Albany Park Condominium Association v. Lifestyles Communities, Ltd., (Franklin App., 2011), 195 Ohio App.3d 459.
- October 28, 2003: Obtained an Ohio judgment for $839,446.32 in breach of contract action for two of four contractor plaintiffs, arising out of construction of Phase 2 of the Fisher Business College. Dugan & Meyers Construction Co., Inc. v. The State of Ohio Department of Administrative Services, et al., Case No. 2001-07084.
- October 7, 2002: Obtained a judicial declaration that a major tenant of the National City Plaza bank building could terminate its lease in Glimcher Partners Limited Partnership v. The Board of thee State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio, Franklin County Court of Common Pleas Case No. 02CVH-01-711.
- Fax: 866.345.4948
- Email: DSegerman@LNLattorneys.com
- Creditor’s Rights
- Complex Civil Litigation
- Non-Compete Agreements
- Insurance Defense
- State of Ohio (1995)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Ohio Supreme Court
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
Community Interest or Involvement: