Prior to joining the firm, Matt worked in Finance at Nationwide Insurance, having previously earned his Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA). By coupling his business background with his legal expertise, Matt is able to advise the firm’s business clients on a wide array of topics.
Outside of work, Matt enjoys traveling with his wife, playing in a competitive basketball league, and cheering on the Ohio State Buckeyes.
Matt’s recent accomplishments include the following:
- Obtained a summary judgment in favor of a (former) employee of a commercial real estate company in a broker commission dispute, wherein the real estate company refused to pay its former employee the commission he earned for brokering a multi-million dollar real estate transaction.
- Obtained a summary judgment in excess of $2 million on behalf of a commercial client in a dispute arising from a floor plan financing agreement. In this same action, Matt obtained summary judgment dismissing all counterclaims asserted against his client, including, inter alia, claims for usury and breach of contract.
- Successfully defended a general contractor from claims arising from the alleged breach of a construction contract. Matt obtained dismissal of all claims giving rise to punitive damages, and further negotiated a voluntary dismissal whereby his client did not pay a dime.
- Obtained a summary judgment in favor of a large medical device supplier in a dispute with one of its account executives.
- Successfully defended an innocent party (obtaining summary judgment dismissing all claims) who was sued by a financial institution for a loan in default, whereby the client had fallen victim to a forgery.
- Fax: 866.345.4948
- Email: MAnderson@LNLattorneys.com
- The Ohio State University, Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry (1999)
- State of Ohio (2007)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio (2008)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio (2009)
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals (2010)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
Community Interest or Involvement: